Who we are
We have been in business since 1981 and for the last two decades we’ve been helping a wide array of institutions in industries such as education, healthcare, government and private organizations in North America increase their computing power while cutting budgets and offering superior service. We do this by providing brand name, recertified equipment that is half the price of new while giving such comprehensive and easy warranties that take the uncertainty out of the used market. Throughout our years of experience, we’ve gained a deep understanding of the challenges faced by I.T. managers and how to overcome them in the most cost-effective way. This knowledge and commitment have allowed us to offer top notch solutions for our customers. We’re here to help and our goal is to help you fulfill yours.
How we can help
At CDI we are dedicated to providing Tier 1 brand name computers to the education, medical, government and private sectors. By listening closely to our customers we are able to adapt based on what they tell us is important to them. We understand the specific goals and challenges faced by your technology staff and have worked hard at making your computer purchases as easy and painless as possible. In short, you will be dealing with a company that is completely focused on your challenges and how to overcome them in the easiest, most effective way possible.
We have helped over 10,000 customers in North America improve their computing power and we continue to successfully implement some of the largest technology roll outs in the industry. Our mission is to continue providing our clients with the best quality product, customer service and support possible.
Our Growing Team
- 132 Dedicated Account Managers
- 63 A+ Certified Technicians
- 88 Logistics Team members
- 9 Customer Service Representatives
- 17 Management Team members
- 53 General Office Staff
- 21 Sales Team Leads
CDI Computer Dealers Inc. was founded in 1981 with a specific focus on selling refurbished I.T. hardware and a mission to provide quality, affordable equipment. For over 20 years CDI’s efforts have been concentrated on educational customers and we’ve come to intimately understand their challenges, restrictions and needs. As a result, we’ve adapted our internal policies and procedures to provide the best possible experience.
This commitment established CDI as the leading supplier of recertified I.T. to Education clients in North America where we’re currently supporting approximately one million devices in schools and districts. For the past 10 years, CDI has enjoyed double digit growth year over year.
To ensure CDI’s continued growth we monitor market trends and adapt to the requirements of our clients. We not only look to improve on our processes but also expand our product lines.
- In 2008, CDI introduced the “Second Touch” to our recertification process, ensuring that we use the most advanced, effective way to refurbish technology products. This attention to detail has resulted in a reduction of failure rates to below the industry average for brand new equipment.
- Also in 2008, we forged a partnership with a leading manufacturer of mobile carts and storage unit products to become the exclusive distributor of the mobiLAB® line.
- In 2010, CDI became one of only a few companies worldwide to receive both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Certifications.
- In 2011, we introduced Asset Recovery Services, building on experience gained from years of involvement in the Information Technology Asset Disposition (ITAD) market and establishing CDI as a true full life-cycle technology solution provider.
- Since 2011, CDI has been recognized by Microsoft as their largest worldwide partner providing Refurbished Technology to schools through the MAR and RRP programs.
- Working directly with manufacturers, we brought in our own line of education-ready tablets, known as UNOBOOK®, in 2012.
- Another expansion of our product line in 2012 saw the launch our Enterprise Solution Sales (ESS) division, offering recertified servers, networking, data storage and telephony equipment.
- In November 2013, H.I.G. Growth, one of the world’s largest Private Equity firms, made a strategic investment in CDI, giving us access to investment capital and business expertise to further assist in our growth.
2014 has brought multiple milestones for CDI:
- Our company reached 400 full-time employees
- We became an authorized Google Apps reseller to help our clients shift into the cloud
- We surpassed $110,000,000 in annual sales