WHO WE ARE
We have been in business since 1981 and for the last two decades we’ve been helping educational institutions in North America increase their computing power while cutting budgets and offering superior service.
With CDI, you gain access to the full computer market. Instead of just buying brand new computer equipment, we give you the option of buying:
- The same brand new computers you’ve been buying, at lower prices.
- Factory refurbished versions of those same computers at roughly half the price of brand new.
- CDI Certified versions of those same computers, at roughly a third of the price of brand new.
We believe it is essential for educational facilities to have access to technology in order to maximize their students’ education. We know that you have unique challenges and by focusing on meeting them we’ve gained loyal customers.
We’re the good guys. We provide what we promise, we give excellent service and most importantly we give you a real partner relationship in the industry.
- 132 Dedicated Account Managers
- 63 A+ Certified Technicians
- 88 Logistics Team members
- 9 Customer Service Representatives
- 17 Management Team members
- 53 General Office Staff
- 21 Sales Team Leads
CDI Computer Dealers Inc. was founded in 1981 with the mission to provide quality and affordable I.T. hardware. For over 20 years CDI’s efforts have been concentrated on educational customers and we’ve come to intimately understand their challenges, restrictions and needs. As a result, we’ve adapted our internal policies and procedures to provide the best possible experience.
This commitment established CDI as the leading supplier of brand new and recertified I.T. to Education clients in North America where we’re currently supporting approximately one million devices in schools and districts. For the past 10 years, CDI has enjoyed double digit growth year over year.
To ensure CDI’s continued growth we monitor market trends and adapt to the requirements of our clients. We not only look to improve on our processes but also expand our product lines.
- In 2008, CDI introduced the “Second Touch” to our recertification process, ensuring that we use the most advanced, effective way to refurbish technology products. This attention to detail has resulted in a reduction of failure rates to below the industry average for brand new equipment.
- Also in 2008, we forged a partnership with a leading manufacturer of mobile carts and storage unit products to become the exclusive distributor of the mobiLAB® line.
- In 2010, CDI became one of only a few companies worldwide to receive both ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 Certifications.
- In 2011, we introduced Asset Recovery Services, building on experience gained from years of involvement in the Information Technology Asset Disposition (ITAD) market and establishing CDI as a true full life-cycle technology solution provider.
- Since 2011, CDI has been recognized by Microsoft as their largest worldwide partner providing Refurbished Technology to schools through the MAR and RRP programs.
- Working directly with manufacturers, we brought in our own line of education-ready tablets, known as UNOBOOK®, in 2012.
- Another expansion of our product line in 2012 saw the launch our Enterprise Solution Sales (ESS) division, offering recertified servers, networking, data storage and telephony equipment.
- In November 2013, H.I.G. Growth, one of the world’s largest Private Equity firms, made a strategic investment in CDI, giving us access to investment capital and business expertise to further assist in our growth.
2014 has brought multiple milestones for CDI:
- Our company reached 400 full-time employees
- We became an authorized Google Apps reseller to help our clients shift into the cloud
- We surpassed $110,000,000 in annual sales
Meet Our Team
The CDI Advantage
We’ve worked with thousands of organizations across North America and have created processes built for speed and quality. In addition to our transparent policies we also offer custom imaging, logistic help and more to help to you save precious time ordering and maintaining your computers.
Recertified computers, of the same brands and models you are used to, cost less than half of an equivalent brand new unit.
With a 91% satisfaction rate, our customer service is widely regarded as the best in the industry. We trust your techs as if they were our own and remove all the red tape, proof and blame that comes with fulfilling warranty claims. You tell us what to do and we do it.
One of the biggest challenges facing an organization is how to maintain a large number of computers comprised of different models being used for different classes. With us you don’t have to. Standardize a model you like and we’ll provide that same model for years after it has been discontinued.
We have been in business since 1981 and have grown every year. We’re a successful company because we treat our customers so well and they repay us by purchasing year after year.
We are the market leader in recertified, brand name computers, notebooks, LCD’s and servers. But we also provide installation and disposition services, financing, logistic help and much more. We can help you realize and meet your technology goals.
If you choose to buy from us you will be assigned a dedicated account manager. One person who will handle all your needs and requirements and will become intimately familiar with you and your organization. Our Account Managers are empowered to offer solutions so we resolve the issue as fast as possible.
Aside from the fact that a recertified computer takes practically no energy or material to refurbish (diverting tons of toxic material from landfills) we are also an ISO 14001:2004 certified recycler. Nothing ends up in a landfill or 3rd world country.
Don’t Just Take Our Word for it
The Selah School District has purchased several systems from CDI over the years and is very pleased with the sales, service, and product received. We would recommend CDI to anyone interested in purchasing quality pre-owned computers at a fraction of the new price.
We have been working with CDI since 2009 and the relationship has been a mutually beneficial one. Through CDI, we have been able to stretch our IT dollars, which has enabled us to update computers throughout the district and maintain our current technology landscape. CDI offers a wide range of products and has been a great resource for our School District.
I would recommend CDI to any school that needs to stretch their IT budgets and get more technology into their building. The savings are truly worth it.